Clover Club Cocktail
A pretty, peachy-pink drink but one with serious depth, the tart-sweet flavour of the Clover Club is staging a comeback. The egg-white gives this gin cocktail a creamy body and a fabulously frothy top – which can be substituted for our vegan friends.
Wanting to be a bit bolder? Then try this recipe with Forty Spotted Pinot Noir Gin.
15ml. dry vermouth
15ml. fresh lemon juice
15ml. raspberry syrup (See separate recipe below or substitute with raspberry jam.)
Egg white or 20ml. aquafaba*
Garnish: raspberries or a lemon peel twist
*aquafaba is the liquid from a can of chickpeas
- Add the gin, vermouth (if using), lemon juice, raspberry syrup, and the egg white to a cocktail shaker without ice. Shake for 15 seconds.
- Add the ice to the cocktail shaker. Shake again for 30 seconds.
- Strain the drink into a coupe glass. Garnish with fresh raspberries or a lemon twist.
This is a super easy way to pimp up your beverages - be it a sassy cocktail or a refreshing soda. It won't take long, but the impact will be linger longer.
1 cup sugar
2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
1 cup water
- Add the sugar, raspberries and water to a small saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a gentle simmer and mash the berries with a muddler or a spoon. Simmer for 7 minutes, then strain through a fine mesh sieve, pressing the berries gently to extract the juice. Allow the syrup to cool, then refrigerate until ready to use. The syrup will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 weeks
This Italian classic is a team favourite. All you need is balance: use equal parts gin, vermouth and Campari, and choose the best products you have in reach. Here we share two methods - one using classic ingredients, and the other showcasing the best we've found on our fair shores from the clever team at Hastings Distillers.
Ingredients - Classic
30ml Vermouth Rosso
Ingredients - The Kiwi Edge
30ml East Block 200 gin
30ml Rubis Sweet Vermouth
Instructions- Classic and Kiwi
- Pour the gin, vermouth and Campari into a mixing glass or jug with ice. Stir well until the outside of the glass feels cold.
- Strain into a tumbler and add 1 large ice sphere or some fresh ice, and garnish with an orange slice, using a blood orange when in season
Enjoy - and as always, please drink responsibly!